- All produce in our shop are all organic.
- Some of our basic food items such as rice, chicken, mix of salad greens, herbs, assorted local veggies, and fresh milk are produced by women farmers, youth-farmers not in education and employment but trained in farming, smallholder farmers, farmers coop and community supported farms so they can invest in education, health, livelihood, and improve their prospects for the future. This food basket is seasonal and we will let you know.
- All items in the food list are seasonal and local products so some items might not be available at the time of order, and due to heat and rain it affects harvest and price. (Probably you have the same questions as we do – how might we embed resilient systems in agriculture to create sustainability in production and therefore price?)
- Order and delivery schedules: You can order anytime but ensure to take note of delivery schedules. We deliver Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays and Mondays so please place your order before those days not later than 5 pm.
- Minimum order is P3, 000.00 for both individual and group-buy hence we encourage people to group buy so we can be flexible about the minimum order. However there are items that have no min order like our weekly food basket which are sent to you weekly via email.
- Why do we encourage people to group buy? Simply because an individual doesn’t make as much savings or impact as a community. As we are low carbon food distribution system we can reduce carbon emission together if by the same amount of fuel in transporting these items we deliver to as many people in one location each time! The savings we don’t keep but is passed on to you as discount according to volume/frequency of orders each community makes!
- What is the difference between low carbon food distribution system vs. traditional supermarket food shopping? Did you know that if you buy produce in a supermarket you’ll find that transportation is most of the cost? We champion #Low-Impact-Lifestyle by bringing you organic and seasonal produce only, encouraging you to buy locally and collaboratively while protecting your health and the health of our planet. TheVillageGreenShop challenges deeply entrenched habits to rethink our food shopping and eating choices and habits.
- Why we exist? We are both a food social enterprise and a campaign platform. We are committed, ethical and passionate food social enterprise. Please read What we tackle at https://thevillagegreenshop.wordpress.com/what-we-tackle/
- We will bring you a much extensive list of food items in the near future. In the launch pad are coffee, stevia sugar and syrup, mint vaporub, smoked milkfish (bangus), anchovies, vinegar, chutneys, jams and preserves.
If I whet your appetite to shift to eating real, living and healthy foods, and our social ethos appeal to you, simply contact us at the details below to TRY FIRST or LIKE TO SUBSCRIBE on a WEEKLY BASIS. If we don’t have what you need, will you please us know? Cheers!